Installing Weka on Mansfield
The instructions below are for the book version (3.0), and you can
choose a newer version based on your system configuration.
- Download the weka-3-0.jar file from http://www.cs.waikato.ac.nz/ml/weka/
- Copy this file to a directory under your home directory on
mansfield, say, "~/weka/".
- cd ~/weka/
- Run "jar -xvf weka-3-0.jar". This command will create a
directory called "weka-3-0" under ~/weka/.
- cd weka-3-0
- Run "jar -xvf weka.jar" and "jar -xvf
weka-src.jar". This will create two directories under
"weka/weka-3-0/" and with the .class files and the .java files
- In your ~/.cshrc file, add the following line:
setenv CLASSPATH .:~/weka/weka-3-0
- Run "source ~/.cshrc". This will update the CLASSPATH
environment variable. If you already have a CLASSPATH environment
variable in your ~/.cshrc file, then just add the above directories to
- You are now ready to run the software.