CSCE 566: Essay Topics
Submission Deadline: Friday, April 28, at
You can choose an essay topic in one of the following directions.
You can start with the paper that has been assigned to you for class
presentation for a possible topic.
- Design/improvement of a specific data mining algorithm
This would involve the selection and/or generation of databases for
- Comparison/integration of existing data mining techniques
Analyze the differences between the different techniques, and provide
ideas for their integration.
- A case study of a data mining application
This would involve problem analysis, data cleaning, selection of the
right technique and software, conducting data mining and reporting the
Examples of Topics
Please refer to the writing
guidelines for information about research writing in knowledge and
- Classification vs. Prediction
- Using Support Information in Classification
- Using Clustering to Help Classification
- Sampling for Association Analysis
- Interpreting Induction Results
Please e-mail queries and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.