The 17th IEEE International Conference on Data Mining (IEEE ICDM 2017) includes half- or full-day workshops that complement the overall technical program events, with the goal of expanding new directions and application of data mining for both practitioners and researchers in a particular subject area. The workshop is expected to be held on November 18th 2017. These workshops provide a more focused, in-depth venue for presentations, discussions and interaction. The workshop proposals will be peer-reviewed with a focus on submissions that inspire deep and interactive dialogue in topics that are of interest to the data mining community.
By the unique ICDM tradition, all accepted workshop papers will be published in formal proceedings published by the IEEE Computer Society Press indexed by EI.
Preparing your workshop proposals
Workshop proposals should be submitted in plain text or PDF, by email to Workshop Chairs, Guozhu Dong, Raju Gottumukkala, and Xiao Ning, and must include the following elements:
- Title and acronym of the workshop
- Duration (full-day or half-day)
- Description of the workshop topic, and a draft version of CFP (not exceeding 500 words)
- Short description on how the organizers plans to attract quality submissions
- Preliminary list of invited speakers (if any)
- Past records (if any)
- Short bio of the organizers
- Tentative program committee
- Contact information of the organizers (including name, affiliation, mailing address, and e-mail address)
After a workshop proposal is accepted, the organizers should create a Web page for the workshop and notify the workshop chairs of its URL. The main conference web site will provide a link to each workshop.
All deadlines are at 11:59PM Pacific Daylight Time.
- Workshop proposals due: March 15, 2017
- Workshop paper submissions: August 7, 2017
- Workshop paper notifications: September 4, 2017
ICDM 2017 Workshop Chairs