We invite proposals for demonstrations which will be shown at the ICDM 2017 Demo Session. The demonstrations should be of data mining, machine learning, natural language processing, visual analytic, or big data software/systems that either demonstrate state-of-the-art techniques, provide state-of-the-art intelligent user interfaces, or are applied to innovative domains, which includes, but is not limited to, social network collaborative filtering, user behavior cognition, and cyber-security. The systems need not be commercial applications as long as it is of interest to the ICDM researchers and practitioners.
In Short, the demo should:
- Showcase data mining systems and/or libraries that are within the data mining and knowledge discovery field, and their close cousins.
- Exhibit new advances in applied data mining.
The demo proposal needs to describe:
- the motivation for the demonstrated concepts;
- the design;
- the development and functionality of the work in an interactive setting;
- the significance of the contribution both from a research and from a practical perspective.
Authors of accepted papers will be expected to provide a short demonstration of their system, lasting no more than 15 minutes, at the Demo Session.
Paper submissions should be a minimum of 4 full pages to a maximum of 6 pages in the standard IEEE 2-column format, following IEEE ICDM 2017 submission guidelines, which is available at: http://icdm2017.bigke.org/. Papers should be submitted in PDF format, electronically, using the CyberChair submission systeam. All accepted papers will be included in the IEEE ICDM 2017 Workshops Proceedings volume published by IEEE Computer Society Press, and will also be included in the IEEE Xplore Digital Library. Papers must not have been accepted for publication elsewhere or be under review for another workshop, conferences or journals
All deadlines are at 11:59PM Pacific Daylight Time.
- Paper Deadline (Extended): August 25, 2017, at 11:59 PM Pacific Daylight Time.
- Author notification: September 7, 2017
- Camera-Ready Submission: September 15, 2017