Restaurants & Supermarket
There are many restaurants within a short walk of the conference
hotel or the lecture hall. At the conference
hotel, a microwave and a refrigerator is available on request, though in
limited quantities (a common microwave is available for everyone staying at
Also, Champagne's Market is a nearby supermarket (at
most a 10-minute walk away; in their Deli, they have plate lunches and a few
breakfast items; more info is available here
). Below is a list of restaurants
that are close to the conference hotel and the lecture hall. Many of them
can be reached within 10-15 minutes by walking and all of them can be
reached (on foot) in 25 minutes or less.
(Note: below, "10m" means that it takes at most 10 minutes to walk to the
restaurant from the lecture hall.)
- Abacus Banquets and Receptions (23): 10m, Cajun lunch buffet, more
info is here.
- Acme Taco: 10m, self-described as ``Mexican with a twist".
- Antoni's Italian Cafe (6) : 10m, medium priced, highly recommended, nice
atmosphere, has coffee, more info is here.
- Bisbano's Pizza Parlor (1): 10m, medium priced, have TVs to watch and a
bar downstairs, has coffee, more info
- Blue Dog Cafe (17): basically next to conference hotel, a popular local
restaurant, features the art of George Rodrigue (which explains the
restaurant's name), more info
- Bon Temps Grill Express (22): 7m, Cajun lunch. A menu
- Cafe Bella (21): 5 m, expensive Italian.
- Cafe Lola (13): 10m, for any budget, excellent sandwiches; note: open only
M-F, 10:30-2; their menu is here.
- Chili's Grill & Bar Restaurant (3): 25m, medium-priced;
has TVs usually showing sports and the walk there is a nice
distraction passing over a river.
- CT Grill & Seafood (11): 15m, reasonably priced.
- Hub City Diner (16): 15m, reasonably priced,
more info is
- Jolie's Louisiana Bistro (9): 15m, expensive but delicious, excellent
- McDonald's (19): 10m; a good way to get inexpensive coffee.
- Papa John's (20): 12m; a good place for reasonably-priced pizza, even without
- Picadilly (4): 10m, reasonably priced; a good place for getting a
well-balanced meal centered around Cajun dishes, cafeteria-style, great
for groups of 4, 6 or 8.
- Roly Poly (7): 10m, reasonably priced, offers a wide
variety of sandwiches.
- Ruth's Chris Steak House (10):
15m, more info is
- Sonic (8): 15m, inexpensive.
- Subway (15): 10m, for all budgets, right next to Champagne's Market, has
coffee in the morning.
- Subway on St. Mary's (2): less than 10m, inexpensive, has a
variety of sandwiches.
- Taco Bell (21): 10m, inexpensive.
- Tropical Smoothie Cafe (14): 10m, for any budget, has much more (breakfast
all day long, lunch, dinner) than what's indicated by their name, has coffee
for breakfast, more info is here.
- Whole Wheatery Eatery: 10m.
- Zeus Cafe, Greek and Lebanese Cafe (18): 15m, medium-priced, more info is
to conference homepage.