- Md Farhadur Reza, Tung Le, Bappaditya Dey, Magdy Bayoumi, Dan Zhao, “Neuro-NoC: Energy Optimization in Heterogeneous Many-Core NoC Using Neural Networks in Dark Silicon Era”, Accepted to appear In the Proceedings of 51st IEEE International Symposium on Circuits and Systems (ISCAS) 2018, Florence, Italy.
- Md Farhadur Reza, Dan Zhao, Magdy Bayoumi, “Dark Silicon-Power-Thermal Aware Runtime Mapping and Configuration in Heterogeneous Many-Core Chip”, In the Proceedings of 50th IEEE International Symposium on Circuits and Systems (ISCAS) 2017, Baltimore, Maryland, USA.
- Md Farhadur Reza, Dan Zhao, Hong-Yi Wu, “Task-Resource Co-allocation For Hotspot Minimization in Many-core NoCs”, In the Proceedings of the 26th ACM international conference on Great lakes symposium on VLSI (GLSVLSI), Boston, Massachusetts, USA.
- Md Farhadur Reza, Dan Zhao, Hong-Yi Wu, Magdy Bayoumi, “HATAMA: HotSpot-Aware Task-Resource Co-Allocation Modeling and Algorithm for Heterogeneous Many-Core NoCs”, Elsevier Computers & Electrical Engineering Journal (Under Revision).
- Md Farhadur Reza, Dan Zhao, Magdy Bayoumi, “Power-Thermal Aware Load-Balanced Task-Resource Co-Allocation in Heterogeneous Many CPU-GPU Cores NoC in Dark Silicon”, Submitted to IEEE International Conference on Design, Automation and Test in Europe (DATE), 2018.
- Md Farhadur Reza, Dan Zhao, Hong-Yi Wu, “Computation Hotspots Avoidance in Many-Core Single-Chip Cloud-Computer”, PhD Forum, Design Automation Conference (DAC), San Francisco, California, USA, 2014.
- Resource management and configuration in large-scale (many-core) systems using machine learning techniques
- Machine learning (including Neural networks) techniques has been used to proactively manage and configure many-core systems to reduce the possibility of any kind of problems like hotspots (while meeting application demands).
- Task–Resource Co-allocation for Many-Core Heterogeneous Network-on-Chip (NoCs)
- Optimization of task-resource mapping to minimize energy consumption and congestion hotspots on bandwidth and cost constrained heterogeneous many-core NoC.
- Propose mathematical models and algorithms for task-resource co-allocation.
- Develop networks and architecture performance/optimization simulator (in C++, Linux, and Linear Programming).
- Scalable Wireless Interconnect based 1000’s core Network-on-Chip
- Design Network-on-Chip (NoC) topology by placing wireless routers (shortcuts) in base mesh network.
- Find the Physical Layer Technology (Ultra-Wideband, Carbon-Nanotube, etc) that is best-fit for the design.
- Design of efficient communication and routing protocol.
- Interconnection Networks
- Study on interconnect paradigms, interconnect topologies, wireless interconnect physical layer characteristics, routing algorithms, etc.
- Undergraduate Thesis - Study on Graceful Labeling of Trees
- Studied on classes of Graceful tree, construction of trees, methods of drawing trees etc., and finally, developed a Graceful Labeling Algorithm.
- Economic e-Shopping Guide (Shop for Right Product at Right Place, Right Time and With Reasonable Price)
- In order to help customers to find the best deals based on their personal requirements (Personalized Based Search), we have developed an efficient recommendation system for online shoppers. Our recommendation system (personalized shopping guide) uses the information provided by the user in order to search the best deals based on following concern of a user:
a) Product Cost Concern
b) Online Seller Concern
c) Product Quality Concern
d) Shipping Time Concern.
- Information retrieval system creation
- Information retrieval system creation using normalized frequency and evaluation using RSV/Recall/Precision (Java)
- URL Web Checker
- Implemented URL checker that can find out broken links and accessibility problems in a webpage (Java)
- Simulating 802.11 DCF MAC Protocol
- Implementing 802.11 DCF MAC Protocol, including RTS/CTS exchange, Gilbert-Elliot Channel State Model. The model works for both grid and string topology.
- Traffic Light Microcontroller
- Implemented Traffic Light Controller using LM3S1968 Microcontroller evaluation board (C and Assembly).
- Network-On-Chip (NoC) Hybrid Overlay Mesh Design and Quantitative Optimization
- Designed Network-on-Chip (NoC) overlay mesh topology by placing wireless routers in the base mesh network and implemented the design in C++ programming language.
- 8 bit ALU with Multiplier
- Designed 8 bit ALU and implemented it using Magic VLSI Layout Tool.
- 8 bit Microprocessor
- Designed and implemented a simple 8 bit microprocessor that can perform 62 different instructions.
- Examination Result Processing System
- Developed a database system for university result processing using Visual Basic and Oracle9i.
- Elevator System
- Designed and implemented an elevator with basic gates and established communication (parallel port interfacing) between the elevator and a computer for controlling that elevator from the computer.
- Networking Game
- Developed a multiplayer networking word game “Scrabblet” using JAVA.
- Link State Routing
- Implemented link state routing algorithm for OSI layered network architecture (in Java).
- Solar System
- Developed a Solar like system (in C).
- Digital Video Editor
- • Developed a digital video processor and editor (Win32 programming).
- University Network System Design
- Designed information model for network systems of Bangladesh Open University, only public institution in the country for distance education.
- Developed Oil Well Monitoring Web application software
Oil Well Monitoring software provides an easy to use web interface for owners of the Oil fields to monitor and track fuel/water in the storage tanks (PHP, MySQL, C#, Sensors, RS485/RS232 Ports, etc.)
- GrameenPhone Ltd (GP) Network Modernization
- Worked in the performance team to ensure that services quality does not degrade after migrations of Radio, Circuit, Packet switching and Signaling network.
- Reduce Voice Call Setup Time of GP Network
- Successfully reduced call setup time of GrameenPhone by ~0.6 s from 7.6 s. Here studied on features & parameters of Radio, Switching and Transmission networks, and flow of messages during call setup, location update, paging etc.
- Google Content Delivery Network (CDN)
- Led the performance team in the integration of Google CDN solution in GP network. This solution has improved internet-based content QoS by reducing access time and bottlenecks.
- HP Network performance management system (NPMS)
- Worked with HP in a team that developed NPMS to manage and track whole GP network problems.
- Reduce Voice and SMS Call Rejection
- Led the team that reduced call rejection from Intelligent & Signaling network by balancing traffic distribution and enhancing capacity.
- Ericsson Blade Cluster SoftSwitch Solution
- Led the performance team in the integration of Ericsson Blade Cluster for the first time in GrameenPhone network. This solution reduced operational expenditure because of its very high capacity.